Thursday, January 12, 2006

Then and Now

As I was finding things to do on my computer last night while I was on hold with my ISP, I stumbled upon an old IM that I had saved.  It was a nonsense thing that I have no idea why I saved, but upon re-reading last night, I knew that it was exactly what I needed to hear.  We were considering moving to Florida together to go to grad school (which we never did).  I'm reprinting it in its entirety, paying no mind to any mistakes.  It was what my heart was thinking both then, and now.

God, we seek You tonight. We are on our faces, humbled that you would care so intimitately for us. That you would invest so much in us. We ask of You wisdom. We know that we could make rash decisions and blaze our own paths, but we would end up paying the consequences. We are yearning to listen to Your words for us and follow what is best. Father, I pray that you either affirm our convictions in a blazing way, so we know it comes from you, or that you reveal what you would have us pursue instead. We yield this decision to you, knowing that because you do care so deeply for us, that it will be the right decision. it is because of our redeemers blood we can ask, amen

-Holly

No comments: