So, I've spent my second Sunday here in Guadalajara, and I decided to go to church with one of my new roomates. It was a very worshipful service. One of the girls from the school even sat next to me and interpreted parts of the message, wich was great. The things I liked about La Fuente de Vida are as follows:
-The service starts much later, and I don't have to catch a bus until 10:30.
-Headsets are available for translation (though they weren't today).
-The pastor has a lot of energy and wants to see Guadalajara reached for Christ
-Both a good friend and my school prayer partner attend.
As attractive as that list is though, I think I might need to keep searching. I really liked the Baptist church I went to last week (which would make mom happy), but it is totally in Spanish and there are already a whole lot of girls from the school that attend. I think I'm going to give it another chance though, as well as some of the other churches in the area. And really, as far as the "Spanish only" issue, the sooner I learn the language the more quickly the problem will be solved.
In other news, school starts tomorrow (uh... I mean later today), and I promise to post pictures of my classroom, the school, and the house this week. Pray for my seventeen students and their families. For the families that are believers, that they would deepen their faith, and for the families that do not know Christ, that they would follow Him. Pray for me as well, that I do the Gospel message justice.
Adios!
Holly
No comments:
Post a Comment