Thursday, May 17, 2007

Hi. I don't know if we've met...

Yeah, yeah, it's been months since my last post -- call me a slacker, call me unmotivated, uncaring, slow-witted, just whatever you wish. All I have to say is I've been way too busy with a way too slow internet connection to take the time to blog. I apologize, and make a vow to think more often about blogging.

Let's do a little review, shall we? After Turkey (which was awesome and I'll post a couple of pictures if I haven't already), I had a great Christmas at home. It was really bizarre without grandmother, but it was good just the same. I was really glad just to have down time.

After the break...ahh, kindergarten. I had almost forgotten about those wiley little scamps, but we hit the ground running and those little kiddos actually started reading -- really reading!! Yeah, I'm so proud.
March came, and grandaddy got slower but no less determined to get around. His cancer and arthritis had other plans though, so in a matter of days, he was from a walker to a wheelchair to a hospital bed. Within another matter of days, he left us. Even in his unconscious passing, he found a way to bring our family together again. The weekend before his death, every one of us (and that's a lot) spent such a sweet time away from work, schedules, outside responsibility, and we simply enjoyed each other's company. It was such a gift.

I also finished my second practicum, and will (as soon as I do the paperwork) soon have my permanent teaching license. HOORAY! No more grad school (I hope).

Kindergarten graduation was earlier this week, and I was surprised with a signed picture of my class. I'm so glad to have something to remember them by. I've been spending the remainder of this week cleaning up my classroom and getting ready to say goodbye to my co-workers. I'm so glad my replacement is such a laid back guy -- it just makes my life so much easier.

And lastly, after a long, hard, and great year, I am taking on a change of scene. As of early August I will be the newest 3rd grade teacher at an international school in Guadalajara, MEXICO!! You heard me. Ah, if you're reading this chances are that you already know this. I've gotta type it anyway though, 'cause it's just that exciting.
Alrighty, I think I've caught you up adequately.

Later,
Holly

No comments: